Sunday, July 30, 2017

Just a little update


Hey guys! I've been doing a lot of journaling lately trying to figure out what I want to focus on in my little creative business and I decided that right now I want to focus on my blog. I had a blogging schedule in mind but I'm kind of struggling to keep up with that. I've also been putting a lot of pressure on myself to creative things to list in my Etsy shop. I allowed all of the pressure that I've been putting on myself to paralyze me and it's kept me from doing anything. 

I'll still be making artwork I'm just not going to be pressuring myself to make it perfect to sell. I just want to create things that I can share with you on my blog and my Instagram and Facebook feed. I want to really enjoy making art. If I create something that I want to add to the shop I'll set it aside and work on getting it listed later. Right now I want to inspire you and I also want to find my niche online. 

So for now I want to focus on introducing myself and focus on building a foundation for my online presence. Does that make sense? I guess I've been feeling overwhelmed and I think that focusing on one thing will help. Once I have a better hold on my social media platforms I'll get back to working on the shop. The shop will stay open I'm just not going to worry about adding anything new for a little while.

Oh did you also notice that I changed the name of everything from Susanne Fyfe Art to Suzy Fyfe Art? Suzy feels more relaxed. It's not rigid sounding like Susanne might sound. I want my artwork to make you smile or laugh. When you're smiling or laughing from the heart I think that you're going to be more relaxed than if you're angry about something.

The name change to something more relaxed fits in with my choice to focus on social media only so that I can really relax with my artwork. I'm just seeing that now. I love when that happens! 

If you got this far thank you for reading! I hope that it wasn't too all over the place. But I think that it mirrors how scattered I've felt over all of this ha! I think it's great when artists share behind the scenes stuff. It helps you to get to know the person. I want to make sure I'm keeping everything real. I want you to see the real me. The girl with the cat fur all over her clothes and the frizzy hair. 

💜

No comments:

Post a Comment